Hi. Thank you for visiting my CV. I have 10+ years of inspired creative editorial, e-commerce, and brand expression experience focused on brand voice, calendar development, identifying business growth opportunities, and editing. I am passionate about and have expertise in creating affiliate commerce and partnership activations with data-driven multi-channel marketing programs. I often exceed KPIs and meet KROs via traditional media, digital, social media and other innovative models of activation. I am experienced in strategic programming, budget and operations management, and cross-company collaboration for complex client projects requiring a heavily remote workforce.
PERION NETWORKS NEW YORK, NY, USA
Perion is a global technology company that delivers strategic business solutions that enable brands and advertisers to efficiently and successfully “capture and convince” users across multiple platforms and channels, including interactive and connected television – or iCTV. Perion has 467 employees in twenty international locations and had annual revenue of $328 million US in 2020, approaching $500 million in 2021.
Managing Editor (TheShopicle) MAY 2021 – DECEMBER 2021
• Hired to imagine and drive the revenue-focused affiliate commerce and branded content media shopping and entertainment outlet driven by Perion’s digital ad technology acquisitions.
WARNER MEDIA NEW YORK, NY, USAGlobal media organization that was owned by AT&T during my tenure with more than 25,000 employees worldwide and total assets of $69 billion US. As the first truly modern media company, AT&T has been changing the way people live, work and play for the past 144 years. The Warner Media division is a leader in media production and content connectivity with HBO Max, Warner Brothers Entertainment, CNN, and many, many more.
Lifestyle Commerce Editor (CNN underscored) MARCH 2020 – MAY 2021
• Reported to the editorial director and deputy editors as well as liaised with cross-functional teams within CNN’s digital operations to manage content distribution for CNN Underscored on Flipboard, Outbrain, and Apple News to amplify top performing content.
• Quickly optimized and increased Outbrain clicks by 300%, CTR by 100+%, associated revenue by 300+%.
• Father’s Day content package brought in over $1M in revenue.
• Product testing stories were consistently top traffic and long-tail revenue performers.
Commerce Editor (GREAT BIG STORY, a CNN property) JUNE 2019 – MARCH 2020
• Partnered with CNN Underscored and CNN Digital to build Great Big Story’s affiliate-revenue focused, written content division, “Guides,” and its multi-platform monetization strategy from the ground up.
• Reported to the programming team, matrixed with marketing, social media, and video production as well as managed one full-time report and a fleet of global freelancers.
• Managed written branded and sponsored content for international brands and boards of tourism in partnership with the global sales teams, CNN’s advertising agency “Courageous,” and legal teams.
• Created workflow tools, style guide, and affiliate commerce systems that increased production by 500%.
DANA HOLMES MEDIA, L.L.C. NEW YORK, NY, USA
Brand development agency that helps businesses find their unique editorial voice and connect with who matters most. Concurrent clients at entrepreneurial tech, media and CPG-focused companies and agencies including:
Branded Content & Commerce Writer (The Knot Worldwide) MAY 2016 – CURRENT
• Research, curate, write and optimize articles for high-profile clients, and to maximize affiliate revenue.
Merchandising, UX and PR Consultant (Elfster.com) MARCH 2017 – MAY 2021
• Reimagined the shopping user experience and merchandising strategy for an online secret Santa service.
Vice President of Marketing (Cinch Technologies) JANUARY 2018 – MAY 2018
• Achieved benchmarked growth for both B2B and B2C for local digital payment app start-up funded by Silverstein Ventures.
• Designed an omni-channel marketing roadmap, hired and managed the team and executed the strategies.
Vice President of Strategy (Brilliant PR & Marketing) MARCH 2014 – JANUARY 2018
• Reimagined agency proposals, client pitching processes, streamlined public relations team structure, operations, and workflows to drive growth.
• Increased average client retainer by 4x in 12 months.
Rebranding Copy Consultant (AOL) MAY 2014 – AUGUST 2014
• Designed and ran workshops for the CMO and team to guide an internal culture rebranding project.
• Resulting brand book contributed to the historic sale of AOL to Verizon for $4.4Billion.
Public Relations and Content Consultant (Gifts.com) JANUARY 2014 – MAY 2014
• Assisted with the business transition from affiliate links to drop-ship shop to increase margin and revenue.
• Created the content and promotion strategy maintain and expand the user base.
IAC/INTERACTIVECORP FLORIDA, NEW YORK, AND CALIFORNIA, USA
IAC has taken 11 companies public in 25 years and is home to more than 150 digital products and brands used by people all over the world. IAC currently has more than 9,000 employees and total assets of $4.65 billion.
Director of Editorial, PR, and Social (Gifts.com) OCTOBER 2009 – DECEMBER 2013
• Reported directly to the CEO to increase brand authority, audience, and revenue.
• Created the “Giftees,” a crowd-sourced and influencer panel-based awards program.
• Controlled budgeting, P&L, reporting, post-mortems, creative briefs, and case-studies.
• Directed a bi-coastal team of in-house employees, freelancers, and agencies for maximum output.
• Measured 90%+ growth in media penetration Year over Year for three consecutive years.
• Case study on traditional media was featured in an MBA course at Wharton School of Business.
• Media reel: https://youtu.be/s-6rqD-l1Mg
Other IAC/INTERACTIVECORP ROLES:
Trend Editor and Media Manager (Gifts.com) MAY 2007 – OCTOBER 2009
Public Relations and Editorial Assistant (Gifts.com) MAY 2006 – MAY 2007
Assistant Gold Jewelry Buyer (HSN, the Home Shopping Network) APRIL 2002 – MAY 2004
Product Knowledge Specialist (HSN, the Home Shopping Network) FEBRUARY 2001 – APRIL 2002
Freelance Celebrity Chat Moderator and Product Description Writer (HSN.com) MARCH 2000 – AUGUST 2000
FURTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Adlai E. Stevenson High School • Bronx, NY, USA • June 2005 – May 2006 • NYC Teaching Fellow
South Ocean School • Qingdao, China • August 2004 – March 2005 • Business and Oral English Teacher
Prague Schools • Prague, Czech Republic • May 2004 – August 2004 • TOEFL Tutor
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA TAMPA, FLORIDA, USA
B.A. English Literature
• Awarded for being in the top 5% of my major cohort in final semester.
• Participated in the Friends of International Students club.
• Spent a semester abroad at Nottingham Trent University, England to study psychological perspectives in modern American literature.
OTHER INTERESTING INFORMATION
- Webby’s (work and contributions garnered People’s Choice Award and Honorable Mentions)
- Spanish (intermediate spoken and written)
- Co-Founder of a Brooklyn-based competitive supper club from 2007 – 2017
- Proficiency in PhotoShop, Tableau, MS Office, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MailChimp, HubSpot, Constant Contact, Video Production, JIRA, Agile Project Management, Content Management Systems, etc.
MORE ABOUT ME
I am an editorial marketer that connects people to brands across platforms with consistently positive KPIs. I create editorial voices for businesses and build scalable strategies with a focus on honest content, brand development, traffic acquisition, partnerships, revenue, media exposure and engagement. From mission statements to ground-up brand identity construction, expression, management, and activation, I put 15 years of experience to work to create indelible changes in the perception and characterization of brands.
Beginning as an online product description writer in 2000, I have spent more than 15 years developing real brand voices through copy while matching them with their ultimate audiences. My social media campaigns have won accolades and were featured in “Entrepreneur Magazine’s Ultimate Guide to Pinterest for Business”. My traditional media strategies and campaigns were also featured in a course on public relations in the Wharton School of Business M.B.A. program. During my seven year tenure at Gifts.com (owned by both IAC and Liberty Media), we were nominated for three Webby Awards, won a People’s Choice Webby and earned two honorable mentions.
I keep my editorial writing style sharp with regular contributions to globally recognized digital publications. I have been interviewed for my lifestyle expertise by The New York Times, the Associated Press, The Chicago Tribune, Time Out, The Los Angeles Times, The NY Daily News, Martha Stewart Magazine, Working Mother, Good Day New York, Fox & Friends, TODAY in NY, to name just a few.
I relax by spending time with my husband and two young sons, studying French, traveling the world (when possible), visiting friends and family, shopping, cooking elaborate meals for friends, and by listening to the wind in trees.